Saturday 12 January 2008

Dead Proud

Just thought I'd write this down while I'm thinking about it - it's not often that I feel proud of something I've done you see..

While I was mucking out Edward & Tubbs this morning & feeding them and loving them, I felt really proud of myself. Me, the girl from London who, up until a couple of months back wouldn't even pick a pea out of the plug hole after doing the washing up (in Marigolds of course), mucking out pigs and traipsing out to my midden (don't know if I've spelt that correctly - until I got pigs, I'd never heard of the word - it's a shit heap apparently!) in the soggy mud with their mucky straw and getting pig poo on my hands and not worrying about it! Phew, that was a long sentence! If I'd managed to get any sort of crap on my hands before pigs, I'd have had a panic about it!

Of course I still whine on to Jeff about the state of my cuticles and hands - it'll be a long time yet before I really succumb to this way of life and accept everything that comes with it... That reminds me, I need to ring the hairdressers - my roots need doing....

Speak later

VP x

PS thank you Malc for your words of encouragement - you're absolutely right, I should be doing this for myself & of course, I am, but once I realised people were actually reading it, it all got a little scary! Malc - for all of you who don't know him - is my new bestest friend (he doesn't know this yet - s'alright Malc, I'm no stalker) in the blog world. He's so funny. The Edge of Nowhere is his blog name - it's brilliant.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We're really proud of you too!!

Malcolm Cinnamond said...

You are way too kind. . . and isn't it strange how shovelling shit is satisfying? Whole new meaning to 'it's a shit job, but someone's got to do it'.

Or should I be worried?

I gave up on my roots ages ago.