Tuesday 15 January 2008

Those little sods

They've learnt a new trick. Wait til mum has her back turned and not looking at us & then tip over our water that she's just filled up. I can tell you that funny it is not. Not only do I have to lug a load of water to their barn a couple of times a day (the hoses don't reach, and if they did, I'm sure Eddie & Tubbs would try to eat it while I'm filling their trough), but I then have to do it all over again because they think it's great fun to watch me do it! They drink a surprising amount of water as well (I wasn't prepared for this!) and I'm now worried that their going to die of dehydration! I can't keep filling it, can I? I'm going to have to have a word with Jack to see if he can come up with something a little more solid than I have in there so that they can't physically move it. Little sods.

Aside from this new trick, they're becoming more of a handful by the day. Goodness knows what they're going to be like when they're fully grown! They are such little characters though. When they're being naughty & you tell them off, they just stop still as if to say, 'who, me?' Unless I've got food, they want to terrorise me if I go in there. Jeff spends quite a bit of time in the barn
carving and he says they really talk to him when he's there. I think they might have got a little more talkative since the introduction of the radio as well - they love it! Unfortunately it's not a digital, so I haven't been able to tune them into 6 Music. I reckon they'd quite enjoy Sean Keaveney on a morning....

I've made my second loaf too! A French Couronne apparently. Looks a bit like this, but I made it with a hole in the middle - that's how my recipe said to make it. I'm sure it's not particularly authentic, but looks & tastes good! Not back for my 2nd attempt - and not a packet mix in sight Greenlee (!!)



It's been raining solidly all day here. I hate it when it's like this. Nothing ever dries out and the dogs get all muddy when you exercise them and their beds get wet and need changing constantly. Eugh. I think I need to move to sunnier climes one day. I don't mind the cold, but I can't stand the grey wetness the UK seems to do so well. I really can't wait for the spring to come. I reckon I've got S.A.D.

Speak soon.

VP x


1 comment:

Malcolm Cinnamond said...

I use an old plastic children's toy box with a large rock in the bottom to weigh it down. Eric and Ernie have lots of rocks, bits of wood, slabs and a football to play with as well. The older they get the more active they are.