Sunday 17 February 2008

Ding Dong

Well, it's official folks. Jeff & I are getting wed! On our 4th anniversary which is April 29th - yes, this year!! - with a celebratory party on June 14th, here at the Burn. Some hectic arrangements have been made already, with obviously still more to do, but I'm absolutely ecstatic - the happiest I've ever been! The actual wedding day will be very small, just our parents and a couple of witnesses, but the party is rapidly turning into a pretty huge affair! We think (and we do believe this will be a fitting end, although I don't know how I'll feel on the day) that one of the pigs will provide the food in the form of a hog roast - perfect timing really. We need to make some hasty telephone calls to make sure that people save the date, including those friends that might be reading this - we realise it's pretty short notice!

Please don't worry - I'm not going to gush on about weddings every day now - I just wanted to share my VERY happy news with everyone! Well, maybe I'll limit myself to just a sentence a day - surely you can grant me that??!

It's another absolutely stonkingly beautiful day here again and Edward & Tubbs are enjoying the wonderful sunshine. Their water trough was actually completely frozen solid this morning - goodness knows how cold it got last night, but I'm glad I was under my cosy down duvet, I can tell you! I've put a couple of large bowls of water in their barn so that they can at least drink liquid, rather than crunching on ice... When I went in a little while ago, they were both asleep and woke up as soon as I opened the gate. I sat down on their bed & was singing along to that Newton Faulkner track (it was playing on the radio - you know the one, 'there's a place I go, when I'm on my own', I can't remember what it's called, but that's not important (!!)), and little Edward just looked at me & then lay back down again almost like I was singing him a lullaby! He's just so lovely, I really am having difficulty imagining sending him off. I honestly don't know if I can do it. I need to get my head round it though because I know it has to happen. I think Tubbs is going to have to be the hog roast in June - I couldn't bear to watch Rock Steady turning around on a spit.... Even Tubbs I'll have trouble with, but definitely not as much as my little Ed. Oh goodness me, this is SO hard!!!

I can't believe I did this & equally I can't believe I'm going to tell you all, but I feel I must pay a penance of sorts, so feel free to send me your emails of hate. I ate cruelty chicken last night. Sorry. Well, I assume it was cruelty chicken - it came from the local Indian. I was weak. I hang my head in shame and vow never to do it again.

Bye for now.

VP x

3 comments:

Malcolm Cinnamond said...

Some blokes will do anything after a slice of cake! Congratulations to you both.

When you said the pigs were providing the food I thought you meant you were preparing them for a career in catering (actually, suppose you are really).

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yippee! Yippee! Yippee! xxxxxxxxxxx

Virgin Porker said...

Ahh, thanks Malc & Claire - I know it's soppy but I truly am the happiest I've ever been. Everything is so good right now, I'm over the moon. Jeff's a fantastic guy & he's going to make a brilliant husband. I just need to keep baking now!!

Yep, pigs will provide the food. Well, one of them will - I understand a hog roast will cater for up to 150 & we'll have about 100, so we should be fine. I really don't know how I'll feel seeing one of them on a spit, but I do know that it's as good an end as any and the fact that they'll provide our wedding feast just feels right. We'll see - I might be huddled in the corner of the marquee crying into my bowl of salad yet!

x x x