Wednesday 9 April 2008

All's a little quiet for my liking

It's a bit odd not hearing Edward & Tubbs (I'm feeling stronger today & can use their names) grunting and snuffling around in the barn when I go in there & also not having their snouts pressed up against the gate and shouting for more grub when I'm sorting the dog's runs out... The piece of land they had to wander around on backs onto one lot of kennels you see... It's funny, but they were absolutely not fazed one bit by dogs' barks. It never seemed to bother them in the slightest. Good thing it didn't really I suppose as I could hardly have fashioned ear plugs for them! So it just feels weird not having them here & even John has said so. I feel really bad that after all of his hard work, Jack didn't get to say goodbye to them (he didn't come in on Monday as the snow stopped him travelling) - he seemed a bit sad when I told him they'd finally gone yesterday when he arrived. Still, he'll get to taste the fruits of our labour as I'll be giving him & his wife some meat when I get it back.

So, I'm already looking forward to the sound of little grunts and squeaks again when I pick Kitty & Joan up on Sunday. I have to confess, I'm feeling so brave now that I'm even thinking about maybe getting one more & breeding from her. DON'T TELL JOHN!!!

Hugh F-W had better watch out - this girl's on a roll.

Speak soon.

VP x

2 comments:

Malcolm Cinnamond said...

Well done! You got through it and I'm sure you will think it worthwhile when the pork comes home.

I should have some nice pedigree saddlebacks available in June - you could have a gilt for breeding (!).

Unknown said...

Oh my big brave girl!!! Well done Al! I look forward to seeing pictures of Kitty and Joan. Will they be there at the wedding party? Do you think it might be harder to give the piglets away when you need to, as you said it was quite stressful seeing Edward & Tubbs leave their mum? How about getting a boy pig for showing? I've seen them at the South of England Show. (I'm probably talking rubbish).What are the pigs people keep inside as pets? xxxx