Friday 18 April 2008

It seems my guilt has started to pass...!

Jeff & I finally tasted some pork last night. Jeff insisted I get a couple of chops out of the freezer & really try to get over my negative feelings about it. I agreed & part of me was dreading it, but a teeny tiny part of me was actually looking forward to it. I had acupuncture earlier in the day & my therapist said that I should try to thank the pigs for the food they were putting on my plate & as hippy dippy as that sounded, that's what I did. It did make my eyes well up a bit, but I ate my chop & thoroughly enjoyed it. So much so, that I definitely do not want to give the rest of the meat away & I'm going to get more out of the freezer for Sunday lunch.

I'm so glad I enjoyed it - I was beginning to think that at the wedding hog roast, I'd be beating people away from the meat with sticks, screaming 'that's my Tubbs- how dare you eat her!!!' I feel that wouldn't have gone down too well as such a joyous occasion!

I still don't know if I want to keep pigs again - my feeling is not - not for now anyway, but it seems I change my mind like the bloody wind at the moment, so who knows??!!

Just over a week til the wedding (part 1 - the actual deed) and I'm getting butterflies in my tummy!

I'm off to visit my friends in London tomorrow. Just for 1 night, but it feels like I haven't seen them in ages and I'm really excited.

Have great weekends everyone (I hope I still have some readers left!)

(the not so) VP x

1 comment:

Woody said...

My daughter had many of the same feelings about her hogs that we sent to the processor. Woodys Rocky Ridge: Snickers she got over it too.