Thursday 3 April 2008

They've been reprieved! Well, for a couple of days at least...

Spoke to Trevor this morning - the phone is back on at last. We're taking Eddie & Tubbs on Tuesday. Leaving here at 8am, so at least I don't have hours to watch them go about their day, knowing what's going to happen to them. It'll be up & at 'em without, hopefully, too much time to stress about it. I just need to figure how we're going to get them from the barn to the trailer. They came in a hell of a lot easier than they're going to go out!! Should be a fun morning. What with that & the inevitable tears, I'm gonna end up with a helluva headache, aren't I??

After I found this out, I spoke to the lady at the college & I'll get my 2 weaners on Sunday week - gives me time to disinfect the barn & make it all cosy for the babies' arrival. They're definitely going to be called Kitty & Joan. I've spoken to my nanny & she said she's honoured. Bless her. She said as long as they're fat & tasty like her, she's happy. She's so funny my nan.

Anyway, thought I should let you know as I've already had a message from my Fairy friend asking if I'm ok - she thought they'd gone. Thanks for your kind words Fairy, but hold those thoughts til Tuesday....

VP x

1 comment:

Malcolm Cinnamond said...

A tempting bucket of feed should get them into the trailer. Just make sure you have spare hands to help. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.