Sunday 16 December 2007

I'm in love!

Edward & Tubbs are adorable!! Although he's a lot smaller than her, he's a lot more inquisitive and is more than happy for me to give him a scratch and stroke his back & tickle behind his ears. She will let me too, but she flinches away from me a little bit still - I'm sure by the end of tomorrow I'll have them both cracked.

So much for pigs pooing in one area - they seem to have doodied all over! Luckily for me, the poos are still the size of a small dogs, so I just pooper scooped them in dog poo bags. Seemed like a sensible idea to me. My father in law thinks I'm mad.

They were all buried in their straw when I went into them this morning & I'm sure they wagged their tails when they heard my voice! I'm their marmie!

They absolutely LOVE apples. They go MAD for them! Literally. They'll eat them from my hand too, which is fab! I do make sure my fingers are out of the way though - they can certainly munch through them pretty quickly! I think I shall be getting a lot more 'over the top' fruit from the whoopsie counter at the supermarket when I next go. The windfall apples are not going to last too long it seems! They also had some celery and onion tops today.

I know I sound like a pathetic mother, but they really are very cute and so funny - they seem to want everything that the other one has, just like dogs really. If one is drinking, the other runs over to join it. If Edward is coming up to me to have a little sniff, Tubbs'll follow, albeit a little tentatively.

I think I've got far too much straw in their pen - I might have to have a bit of a re-arrange tomorrow....

No comments: