Friday 21 December 2007

T.F.I Friday!

My back is much better since I last posted. My father in law is a trained osteopath & he managed to click me back into shape. Hurrah!

The kennels are gearing up for Christmas now - my in-laws own a boarding kennels (mostly dogs, some cats as well) and I work there. It's a small business & aside from John (I can't keep calling him my father in law, it takes too long to type), I'm the only other member of staff. I love my job - until July last, I'd always worked in an office but was fed up with the stresses that brings upon you & John needed a hand, so I found myself offering my assistance. Anyway, Christmas is obviously a busy time of year and we had a few more 'inmates' arrive today, more expected tomorrow & Monday and then by Christmas Eve we're full. There are some lovely canine & feline guests here at the moment - I shall take some photos and post them tomorrow....

Back to Edward & Tubbs... They seem to be sleeping quite a lot at the moment & I don't think it's because they're poorly as when they're up & awake, they're fine - maybe it's just the cold weather & the fact that they're still babies... I'm going to the farm shop tomorrow (the same place I got them from), so I shall ask them if this is normal. I'm sure it is, I just want to check though... When they are actually awake, they're definitely a lot more settled than they were a week ago. As soon as they hear me come into the barn, they're at the door looking up to see what treats I'm bringing them. Little pigs. Oh yeah, they are! Ha ha!

Jack's built them a trough, because I feel that a lot of food is going to waste scattering it on the ground. I'll still put some on the ground because I know they like to root around, but at least if they've eaten what's in their trough, I'll know they've eaten enough. I might be being over cautious here, but while they're so young, I want to make sure they're getting all the food they need to stay healthy. He put the trough in yesterday & we put some food in it. They just looked at it & then carried on eating from the ground. I sat in with them & tried to coax them towards it with some apples (what I now know is their most favourite treat!). They came close, but still wouldn't put their noses in the trough, so I thought I'd leave the apples in it & come back to see if they disappear.... They most certainly did (no surprises there!), but there was still a lot of other feed in the trough, so I sat in with them again and they came closer still, but still wouldn't eat from it. I had other things to do around the kennels, so I left them to it & the next time I went in, Tubbs was actaully standing IN the trough, munching away! Poor little Edward couldn't get a look in! I guessed they'd sort it out between themselves & sure enough, next time I went in, Edward was in it! Ha ha! They're so funny, I could sit with them all day....

We're going to check the ground on the old potato / bonfire patch tomorrow to make sure there are no nasty bits of metal or anything that could harm them lying around & then they're going to venture outside! Hopefully this should keep them a lot more amused than they have been to date. I shall report back to let you know how it goes.....

Ta ta for now, enjoy your Friday evening!

VP x


No comments: